5 Words 5 Grand: T's and C's
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “5 Words, 5 Grand – 5 Word Friday - Absolute Radio” (the “Competition”).
These terms should be read with our general competition terms at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html which also apply to this Competition.
1.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN The Competition is a word association game that will be taking place during the Absolute Radio breakfast show over a number of rounds on-air between Monday 1st February 2021 – Friday 30th April, 2021* (the “Competition Period”). One member of the absolute radio presenting team will play the game with a contestant while another presenter hosts the game. The contestants will be chosen at random after email entry method has closed. Over the Competition Period, Absolute Radio will give away one or a number of prizes to the value of ￡5000.00
At multiple times during a Competition day, one member of the Absolute Radio Breakfast Show presenting team will play the word association game (the “Game”) with a contestant while another presenter hosts the Game (the “Host”). The contestant will have been chosen at random after the email entry method have been closed.
At the start of the Game, the presenter whom the contestant will be playing against will be disconnected from the recording of the game round so they cannot hear conversation between the Host and the contestant.
The contestant will be asked, by the presenter hosting the game, to give a one-word response to each of five words which are put to them by the presenter. After the contestant has given their responses, the member of the Absolute radio presenting team who had been disconnected from the game round will be reconnected and the presenter hosting the game will ask them to respond to the same five random words in a word association game. If the presenter states the same five words in response to the five words put to them as part of the word association game, then the contestant will win the Prize as defined in these terms.
All the words for the word association game will be chosen by a member of the Absolute Radio production team, with in-play team members having no prior knowledge of the words chosen. Playing team members will have no knowledge of what has been said and they will have been disconnected during the recording of the game to eliminate any chance of them hearing the on-air output.
*The game rounds will be pre-recorded between Friday 29th January 2021 – Thursday 29th April, 2021 and entrants must be available on this date in order to play the game.
2.ENTRY PLATFORMS AND COSTS Email by emailing email@example.com
Entry method of emailing is free
- DATES Start Date and End Date. The competition entry will start on Friday 29th January, 2021 at 06:00am and will end on Thursday 29th July at 16:30.
The contestants will be chosen at random will be contacted to record their game round. The game rounds will go out on-air between Monday 1st February, 2021 – Friday 30st April, 2021 during the hours of The Absolute Radio Breakfast Show (06:00 – 10:00).
Before entering, callers should make sure they are able and willing to play the game on air at the time communicated to them.
Entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date will be invalid.
- ENTRY RESTRICTIONS ? Open to UK residents aged 18 years or over on date of entry.
? Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, incl. the Prize Provider, must not enter.
- THE PRIZE One divisible amount of ￡5000.00 will be awarded to the winner/ winners of the competition in the form of a bank transfer.
Please allow up to 28 days for payment.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider,) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to the prize provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry or text STOP if entering via SMS. If you have, your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you’ve submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize (if you win!). We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
a) Entries that don’t comply with these terms won’t be accepted and you may be disqualified if we think you’ve breached them.
b) Participants may enter more than once
c) If there is a dispute about the operation of the Competition or correctness of any answers given, our decision is final and no discussion will be entered into on this subject.
d) The correct answers to questions must exactly match our answers to win.
e) We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
f) You are responsible for all costs of entry.
g) You may be disqualified if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
h) Whilst on-air, you must not make inappropriate or offensive statements.
i) As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition / the Prize.
We may cancel / amend / end / suspend the Competition if we need to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
- CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Concerns won’t be considered if made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.